RSV VISITOR RESTRICTIONS
Following the recent announcement that DHBs are temporarily amending their visiting policies to exclude children under the age of 16 visiting their facilities due to the recent and serious surge of RSV.
As of Thursday 15 July, and until further notice, Birthing Centre will not be accepting visitors under the age of 16
This includes antenantal clinic and hearing screening unless the person under 16 is the mother or father attending a clinic or screening.
To help enforce this new regulation our front doors will remain locked during this time 24/7.
Exceptions to this new regulation are milk cafe and postnatal support group.
Thank you for your continued support inprotecting our vulnerable pepi and your understanding at this time. As always we ask that anyone visiting the centre ensure they are well and healthy.
COVID-19 VISITOR RESTRICTIONS
At COVID-19 Alert Level 1 Birthing Centre services have returned to the new normal.
- All admissions and visitors are to scan the QR code or sign in the register
- Labouring women can have as many support people as they wish for labour & birth
- All postnatal women can allocate one support person to stay with them for their postnatal stay
- All other services are operating as normal
- Hand hygiene and optional mask for postnatal care is encouraged
Thank you for your patience and understanding in helping our mothers, pēpe, and staff to stay safe and well.